Was it murder--or something serious?
Philip Marlow in Murder, My Sweet

Monday, October 20, 2014

Simple Pleasures - Cold Water

And the water is very cold now. 58 degrees this afternoon. I don’t think I’ve ever tried to keep swimming this late into the fall before. But it feels wonderful. The cold, cold water and the bright sunlight. The mockingbird who keeps me company every afternoon.

And it feels so good to kick and splash and move. The water flies up and then rains down in crystal droplets. Sometimes I do Tai Chi in the water and sometimes I get a little “whirlpool” going and try to swim against it. I am playing. And I guess that’s why I am always so sorry to see the summer -- and swimming pool -- go.

Brown and gold leaves keep falling into the pool now. I pick them out and splash some more.




Licensed thru Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment