Was it murder--or something serious?
Philip Marlow in Murder, My Sweet

Friday, September 20, 2013

Simple Pleasures - Birthday Cake

I used to have a terrible sweet tooth. I still like sweets, still love to sample desserts -- I have to remind myself that the holiday season is not actually the Sees Candy Marathon season -- but I don’t crave sugar or sweets the way I once did. Whew!

That said, a yearly slice of light-as-air birthday cake topped with delicate roses of butter cream…oh yes.  Not just the for the delectable combination of eggs, milk, flour, sugar…but for the sweet taste of success.

Because every year there is something to celebrate. Even in the toughest of years there will be things worth remembering and those memories are to be cherished.


Plus, let’s face it, cake is delicious.

907Shots licensed thru Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment